Monday, August 4, 2008

Garden Delight

Here are the basic steps in creating an one of kind garden choker necklace. I always make sure I have a clean work space with all the supplies I need to make my jewelry so I can focus on creating not trying to find my tools.
supplies: 19 inch brass chain
brass circle 1/2 inch
jewelry tools, round nose pliers, flattening pliers, wire cutters
beads, floral pearls different shapes and colors
brass leaf charm
head pins
jump rings
clean work space

Step1: Layout your necklace so you can start planning your design. I like to have an idea of what I am going to create before I begin putting together my pieces.
Step2: Connect your circle and handmade flower to the chain of the necklace with a jump ring. Then at the other end of the chain you can add your charm leaf, I also add a pearl to my charm leaf. I also pulled my chain through the circle so I could see the start of my necklace.
Step3: I now begin to gather all my beads I want to add to my necklace. I begin by laying them out next to the chain, once I decide on the design I like, I begin to start making the necklace.
Step 4: Take your head pin place it through the bead, bend wire one direction, then take your round nose pliers and make a loop with the wire then cut off extra wire you don't need. Close the loop after you have add the bead to the chain.
Step5: Continue step 4 until you have added all the beads to complete your necklace garden.

No comments: